MAC Rebel Satin Lipstick

I would never have considered buying this shade, EVER due to the way it looks in the bullet. I'm a nude/peach kind of girl but since my looks forever changing and I am back to black hair, I thought that perhaps I should opt for a lipstick that is a more autumnal shade to go with the darker hair and pale face.




MAC Rebel, looks really scary at a first glimpse. But I was so surprised that it turned into a dark pinky plum! It looks like a brown/purple kind of shade when it isn't swatched.
I find all MAC lipsticks last around 2 hours on my lip, no matter what finish they are but this one stuck around all night!
It fades away beautifully to a natural looking plum colour but still bright enough to notice on the lips. I get so many compliments with this lipstick and definitely over the moon with the purchase. I think it suits my very pale skin tone and dark hair and gives an almost vampy look.



This is me wearing it out to a party the other night, layered with a peach gloss which made it look more lush.

Retails for £14, but well worth every penny and I cant recommend it enough.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I really want to try Rebel - it always looks so beautiful when I see it on other people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebel is flat out one of my favourite winter shades! I love it on people! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colour. Stopping by from the "Beauty Blog Hop" and just followed you! Hope you can come by and visit some time, maybe follow back if you like what you see ;-)

    xoxo Keke (Pakize)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so different on the lips! It totally looks like a vampire purple colour. It defo suits your dark hair and pale skin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG i was so scared when i seen this colour but thanks for showing it on the lips it actually comes up really pinky and i love it :) Great post Ashton.

    www.weegillie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you an email.

    I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

    Visit my web page: cheap nike air max shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. i found ur blog through a blog hop and i love it please check mine out
    http://elledeesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAC Rebel Satin lippy is good. It gives me the simple look that I want.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you all think - please leave me a comment
I will always reply
Ashton x